Tuesday 24 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It as a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (June 12th, 2012)

The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.


Black City by Elizabeth Richards (November 13th, 2012)

A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war. In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable--they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash's long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught, they'll be executed--but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

What are you waiting for? Leave me a link to your WoW! :)


20 comments:

  1. I am going to be reading Black city soon, and I am so excited about it! I still need to read the first book in the Bloodlines series. I have read so many great things about it. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! You're so lucky. I'd probably kill to get my hands on a copy of it ;) I really enjoyed Bloodlines even though I know some people didn't. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I didn't entirely enjoy Bloodlines as much as I thought I would (I pretty much assumed it'd be action packed, not so much character based), so I can't say I'm too excited for Golden Lily. But Black City? Oh, YES! Haha.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Bloodlines was very different to what I had expected but I kind of loved it all the same :)Black City just sounds so amazing! Thanks for coming by my WoW ♥

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am anxiously awaiting The Golden Lily because I loved Bloodlines SO much. And Black City looks really good, too. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW. New follower ;)

    And loving your blog layout btw. Your about me is hilarious, Jenni. Always awesome to meet fellow book blogging Jennifer's (we rock, obviously :D)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Bloodlines was amazing. I have to agree :) read the first chapter of Black City and was blown away. Thank you for coming by and following!

      Thanks so much :) Ahah, I didn't think anybody ever checked out that page. Obviously XD Thanks again (for like, the third time!)

      Delete
  5. I have heard such wonderful things about these books! I especially like the looks of Black City, so I am super excited for it to be released!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black City's cover immediately caught my eye and then the summary really got me interested! I can't wait to read it :)

      Thanks for coming by ♥

      Delete
  6. Black City is totally way up there on books I can't wait to get my hands on! =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree! Everything about it just seems amazing :)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. OMG I'm so excited for The Golden Lily! You just reminded me that I need to pre-ordered my copy! Great choice this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pre-ordered my copy yesterday! I can't wait to see what happens to Adrian and Sydney and the rest of the gang :) Thanks for coming by ♥

      Delete
  8. I was lucky enough to win an ARC of Black City, I can't wait to read it! The Golden Lily is one that I have heard alot about as well. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I'd kill to have an ARC of it :) TGL is one of my most anticipated this year. Thanks for coming by mine, too.

      Delete
  9. I have yet to read any of Richelle Mead's books, but I am DYING to read Black City! However, both sounds epically awesome, yes? :)

    Excellent picks <3

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adore Richelle Mead! I'm currently on her VA series and it is amazing so far :) Black City sounds amazing! Yes, I definitely agree. Thank you ♥

      Delete
  10. I've always seen these 2 books around. Looks great!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been a lot of hype about these two :) Hopefully they're as good as they sound!

      Thank you ♥

      Delete
  11. GOSH GOSH GOSH GOSH The Golden Lily! I'm here biting my nails off (not reaaly, but anyways!) waiting for this book to come out. I really really adore all Richelle Mead's books, and the Bloodlines series isn't any less. I need more Adrian in my life! I've also heard about Black City -- I hope it's as good as everyone is saying! :)

    ReplyDelete